2nd gen charging problem

From: Don Rey (don.rey@uconn.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 18:08:01 EDT

My 89 Dak charging system is having serious problems suddenly. I thought it
was the alternator cause I went through the Haynes manual check. Well I
replaced the alt... and its still not charging. Actually it charges (14-15
volts) for about 5-10 minutes then the voltage drops. I guess I've got alot
more troubleshooting to do... unless someone on the list has heard of this
problem before. Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance.

Don
89 Dakota Convertible
74 Dart Sport 340
CT