Re: Re: help me start my truck

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 14:23:11 EDT

See how easy it can be when you follow APPROPRIATE directions ;-)

RRs tend to be a little noisy. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

BUT, You can do a running adjustment if you want. It'll get messy though.

With 1 valve cover removed at a time, and on a warm motor, start the motor,
and let it stay at idle. Then back off 1 adjuster at as time. Back off
until it CLACKS (obvious change is sound). Tighten until it JUST goes away,
then tighten 1/2 turn. Hold the adjuster, and lock down the set screw.
Repeat 7 more times. Button up the valve cover. Repeat for the other side
of the motor. Spray degreaser to clean up the mess.

Tony
<I prefer Chilton manuals when a FSM isn't available>