Re: Re: Re: Need pics/INFO of Lowered Daks

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 02:25:40 EDT

TJ Goettner wrote:
> Hopefully, in the next year I would like to be in the low 12s... I would
> like to get it to handle fiarly well, close to or better than an L. This is
> all for the 2wd long bed that I am building out of my 4x4, I will be
> refinishing the frame this winter and switching the bed and cab early
> spring.
>
> TJ
> http://forums.atvconnection.com/Photos.cfm?ID=2972

Spring - eh? Hmm - that should give me enough time to save up a little
cash. I could use a good frame for a number of ideas I have. I want to
build up Christine into a solid axle swapped heavy duty Dak - but I
would like to still be able to go back to stock if I so desired.

Mikes SAS is a wonderful thing and I'm thrilled that he pulled it off -
but he's passed a point of no return with his truck regardless.

Preserving and repairing the stock frame would allow me to hang onto
that option to go back to stock if I ever had the desire to. Having
your frame would allow me to get a more - - heh heh - - wicked -
project under way. I really should stop sending away for those Top
Truck Challenge and Untimate 4 Wheel Adventure DVD's. They will be my
undoing.

As you said in your reply to my other post, the frame is in "very very"
good condition? If you can get pics of it I would like to see that.
1992 isnt much newer than my 89's - and Christine came from near
Hartford, CT - looked like she was towed behind a salt truck most of her
life. I have serious cab mount, front control arm bracket, and bump
stop mount rot. Now that me thinks of it - hacking my original frame up
for a SAS might be a better plan - but I would liek to retain SOME parts
of that truck that are original! A good portion of crap on her has been
replaced LOL

Ugh I'm so confused - I don't know what I wanna do...