Re: Re: doo bee doo bee doooo...(no, but i wrecked my dak)

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 14:15:51 EST

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Hop wrote:

> Had a chance to take a couple of pics..
> http://www.uberstorage.com/tex/public/Dakota/wreck/
> Doesn't look too bad. One fender, front bumper, a/c condenser, radiator,
> park and turn lamp, grill, and realigning the body with the frame. It slid
> around on the PA lift. I assume that the frame is straight and none of the
> body bolts are bent. On the up side i'm having them color match the bumper
> facias! One of the mods i wanted to do but couldn't justify it.

Doesn't look too bad all things considered. Pretty light damage to the
frontend. I'd personally find it pretty scary that the body moved around
on the frame with the body lift. Also, did your alignment get completely
wrecked or is that some funnieness with the angle of the camera or
somesuch?

How about those tire pressures? looks from the skid marks like you're
running pretty low there.

Also, I'd definitely look into getting a more quality winch stantion.
That it bent like that in a crash is pretty scary. My family (I was like
6 or 8 years old at the time) hit a deer while towing our 24' SeaRay cabin
cruiser (dry weight around 4500, so towed weight probably pushing 6k) and
it pushed the winch stantion forward on the tounge about 8". Ours was
an EZLoader roller trailer. I'm surprised to see so much movement on a
bunk trailer.

Pretty scary stuff having that much of a load moving around and having the
potential to end up in the bed of the truck. In our case we were about 2"
from having the outdrive find the rearmost roller on the trailer.

--
Mike Maskalans
'98 SAS Dakota CC