Re: Re: Anyone w/ Carfax Account?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 21:14:41 EDT

Mike Sykes wrote:
>>>If someone has an account and wouldn't mind running a check on a vin for
>>
> me, I would appreciate it. Send me an email off-list.<<
>
> FWIW, carfax is 0 for 2 on cars that I've bought.... and 0 for 6 on cars
> that I've potentially bought. Out of 8 cars I've had checked, NONE of them
> have reported any damage, and all have been wrecked. Some even
> had -irrepairable damage like bent frames and misaligned doors, etc.... IMHO
> carfax is worthless.... =(
> wish I had something positive to say about it, but 0 for 8 isn't a good
> statistic
>
> -miggity
> Newport News VA
> 2000 FR R/T CC
>
> "...someone set up us the bomb...."

Miggity Miggity Mike!!

Sup man!

Yeah - CarFux gave me a clean bill of health on my 1989 4x4 (Christine)
when I went out to buy it - it clearly had rear end damage. Bondo in
the bed (magnet test) and a bent frame - which I had to have
straightened. Will never trust them again. Not just because of my one
incident - but because of yours and others. My mothers T-bone accident
with her explorer doesn't show up on CarFux - insurance company told us
it wouldn't. This was a wreck that required a new drivers side door,
windsheild, all new drivers side suspension componants (wheel was pushed
in) new runing board, extensive A-pillar repairs, permenantly left the
body with misalignments and loads of wind noise.... and NEW MOTORMOUNTS!
  Impact was so hard it ripped the freakin engine off the mounts.
som'biches wouldn't total the truck! And it will never show up on a vin
pull heh! Buyer beware.

****** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *91* DAYS LEFT! ******
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/