Re: Motel, cabin or tent?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 16:24:58 EDT

On Wed, May 11, 2005 10:07 am, Josh Battles said:

> was actually looking to pick up an older neon (98 - 99) as they've become
> rather inexpensive now.

I've heard the first gen Neons have a lot of reliability problems. I have
no idea how true this is, as I sold mine when it was a year and a half
old. This reputation (deserved or not) has a lot to do with why they
don't hold their value. Good for shopping, just be aware that you might
be fixing it often.

> The thing that keeps getting me is that for twice the price I can
> get a bike that's faster and gets better mileage....

Which has to be stored several months out of the year. Still, if you rode
the hell out of it during the summer it might save money over the entire
year. Of course, if you're looking at it for the fun aspect, then don't
worry too much about how much it saves.