Re: Hey! Help me fix my Jeep!

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 00:29:29 EDT

steve preston wrote:
> Hey! I`m back,but I have questions again. :)
>
> How come my 2000 Jeep GC with the 4.0L takes frequent
> urinations on the ground after driving it? I noticed
> today,it will spew coolant underneath for a short
> while,then stop. Can`t tell where it`s coming from.
> Actually,I do have it narrowed down to two possible
> places of origin: Either the A/C compressor,or the oil
> pan,which I am confident are both common areas for
> coolant leaks!

Perhaps your sarcasem was lost on me - if infact you were being
sarcastic, but correct me if I'm wrong - coolant would not come out of
your AC compressor, and unless you had MAJOR internal engine damage -
you don't normally see coolant pouring outta the oil pan.

:) All I can say is, there are no signs
> of moisture from any visible area under the hood. I
> have to look underneath to see it,and it looks like
> the lower attachment bolt area of the compressor and
> the very front of the oil pan are soaking wet,and
> everything else looks dry. Coolant sometimes drips
> rapidly from these places when the motor`s running
> also. Water pump,maybe? Discuss.....

The waterpump weep hole is one thing to check. That would only show
loss of coolant when running - as you describe. Also - is it over
heating? Where is the level of coolant in the overflow/resivore tank?
You could have coolant pouring outta the drain tubr of the overflow tank
if the level of coolant in there is too high.

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *63* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/