Re: I need bigger mirrors

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 07:19:37 EDT

korey99@yahoo.com wrote:
> That's true. I'd seen those but neglected to mention them. I am a little bit
> worried about them messing up my paint, but folks on usenet seem to love the
> McKesh mirrors, as you describe. http://www.hensleymfg.com/mckeshmirrors.html
> They actually aren't terribly expensive either. They're plenty wide, which is
> what I need - certainly good for pulling a 102" wide 5th wheel, but I guess
> there's nothing wrong with overkill!

They're slightly cheaper from Camping World:
http://tinyurl.com/cvger

And the mirror face is larger to boot. These are what we bought from
Ed. They work quite well. As for the paint, I've never noticed a
single mark from them, but I'm not the kind of person who's out there
waxing my truck with a diaper every weekend either. If you're OCD about
your paint, it might be a concern. If you run it through the automatic
car wash once a month or so like I do, then you'll be fine.

We upgraded the 5x7 mirrors on our truck to the 6x9s, but ours were the
power 5x7 mirrors to start with. I can tell you that the 6x9 mirrors
are pretty much useless for seeing any traffic around our trailer. I'm
not sure exactly how wide ours is, the spec sheet just says 8 feet. I
use the truck mirrors for looking at the trailer itself when parking, or
point them at the blind spots on the highway, and use the add-on mirrors
for watching traffic behind us.