Re: [now] Offroad buggies [was] new guy chimes in

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 22:51:06 EDT

Brian Fitchett <bfitchett@comcast.net> wrote:
: Josh Battles wrote:
:> Sheena tells me that her friend who owns the motorcycle repair shop
:> apparently specializes in Harleys. How cool would that be to have a monster
:> v-twin on the cart? It would sound really cool on the desert I bet.
:>

: Nothing like having an overpriced engine that has to be fixed all the
: time and continually leaks oil. (c: It would be cool, but a used honda
: V-twin engine (I am partial to the 1800 myself) would have more
: horsepower, look cool, not leak AND be reliable. True it wouldnt sound
: the same... but is sound more important than performance?!?

   One thing that comes to mind regarding motorcycle engines is that
it seems to me like if anybody wants to go that route, you'd probably
want to use one that came out of a cruiser (most Harleys, Vulcan,
Intruder, V star, etc.) as opposed to a sport bike, otherwise you're
going to have to wind the thing out to get any power out of it; might
not be the best match for an off road buggy. :-) A Goldwing drivetrain
might be interesting as I think that would give you a reverse. :-)
(Plus probably a heavy duty electrical setup for running lights,
CB radio, etc.)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | '70 Barracuda, '90 Dakota Convertible, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota | | '96 Intruder, '96 Kolb FireFly, '99 Cherokee, '01 Ram 3500 | `----------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --'