Hotchkis Kit and Tire Rub Questions

From: Robert Schultz (not_robert_schultz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 13:21:55 EDT

Ok guys, I need some advice.

I've got the Hotchkis kit in on a 00 QC running R/T rims and 275.55.17
tires.

Obviously this is a recipe for some tire rub especially when the profile
of the bump drops the entire front of the truck at speed. The only
recommendations to correct this seem to be to roll the fender.

But as far as I can see, you can't roll the fender lip as it's welded to
the inner fender well. There's just nothing to bend over.

I did have the alignment done, but when the shop looked at the numbers
from Hotchkis they said "No way" that it would not drive well using
their performance street setup. Comments?

Does anyone have any other solutions:

1. Narrower tires? Not likely!
as the Hotchkis one?
3. Live with it? What are the risks with this? The tires seem to be
flexing the fender a bit when they hit.

Rob S.