Re: Re: 45RFE trans pan, welding in a drain plug.

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 13:09:15 EST

On Mon, December 12, 2005 10:42 am, Miles D. Oliver wrote:

> Same way that it is idiotic to create the diff covers without drain plugs
> and the mess that comes with replacing those fluids. Why can't it be that
> you drain them and then pull the covers for inspection as well instead of
> slopping fluid everywhere.

I can't see diff covers and trans pans being in the same category. When
changing diff fluid it's rather hassle-free compared to a trans because of
the way it's mounted. I could see a drain plug in a trans pan whereas I
couldn't in a diff cover.

> I would want to say that if given a choice of professional machincs to
> choose either drain plug or not. They would choose drain plug.

Naa, the pros get work clothes and have tall drainpans to catch all the slop.
 They don't care about the mess, only what's fastest.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com