Re: RE: OT: turbododges AKA: my new winter vehicle

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 12:56:07 EST

On Thu, December 22, 2005 9:01 am, Pindell, Tim wrote:

> I was going to ditch the 2.5 tall-block and light-weight rods in favor
> of a turbo-II-spec 2.2 with the forged crank and HD forged rods. Until I
> scored a GLHT, I had planned on building that Daytona to Turbo-Z spec as
> a summer project. To that end, I bought a lot of parts, some of which I
> no longer need. I have a few pre-common blocks and cranks for 2.2s and
> I have a couple of newer common blocks sitting in the garage waiting a
> turn at the machine shop. I think I have a common-block crank or two.
> Some of the hard-parts have already been machined. I may still have the
> '87 turbo Z engine wiring harness in the basement. I think I have one or
> two finished heads. I >know< I have a stock rad-IC assembly. I need to
> take an inventory and unload a bunch of this stuff. If you want me to
> check for anything, let me know. Seriously. It needs to go.

Sure, let me know what you've got once you take inventory and we'll work
something out. I'd definately be interested in the harness and maybe a few
other parts too.

I've been doing some reading and I'm not sure whether a 2.2 or 2.5 would be a
better choice. The 2.5 is torquier but you can't rev it as high as the 2.2,
and apparently you can make the same peak numbers out of a 2.2 for less
money.

Once the weather clears (and I make some room) I'll probably start scavenging
parts from the local yards, they're full of k-cars.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com