Re: Dakota or Durango???

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2006 - 00:44:04 EST

Mr. Plow wrote:

> Well, it's only been 3.5 years Tom. lol

Well I was just going about a rough estimate :) Last time I saw you in
a Dak was 2002 at the BBQ heh...

> If i do get a Dak again, it will be a Quad Cab. The CC i had was nice
> enough, but it was pretty rough with 2 friends in that back seat going
> for a little 4-hour drive to get to our camping destination. hahaha

Yeah - I've had a chance to try out the club cab seats in the 1995 I
picked up. Not good for anyone bigger than a kid, or for a short jaunt
for an adult. I'm not a big guy and I felt closed in heh. Still no
where NEAR as bad as the side jump seats in the rangers and S-10s.

> I think with the XJ i've gotten spoiled being able to keep all my gear
> locked up and out of the elements. Jackie's father has a Gen I as it
> happens, and has a cap on the back. She has laid down the law and there
> will be no caps on any truck i buy from now on! lololol
> I tease her and call her "anti-dad". Pretty much anything her dad has,
> she doesn't like. lol

Simple solution. Bed cover. If you wan't security - take a look at the
hardshell cover Ed has on his 2000 Quad. Looks real good on his truck.

Ya know - I have a regular cab short box truck (Ram) , regular cab long
bed Gen I trucks (Silver Eightynine's), a club cab Gen II (the 95). If
I were to get a Gen III Quad cab... I would have sampled every major
truck body style. Hmmm

> As for towing, isn't the Durango nearly equal to the task of a QC Dak?
> And i'm thinking of the previous Gen. Durangos, not the current ugly
> machine...

Yeah I had assumed you were talking about a Durango and not a Durvango.
hehe.

Yeah a Quad can haul about the same as a Durango. Probably a little
more than a Durango because its lighter (I think?) than the SUV version.

> I would be going 4x4, 4.7 and all the rest of the standard gadgetry.

This I had automatically assumed :)

> Oh, and what i want to tow will not weigh more than 5000 pounds,
> including the trailer. And the trailer will have brakes on it as well.
> That 5000# is an absolute max, and would likely include camping gear
> that i would probably stow in the tow vehicle, rather than the trailer.

Yeah I think you should be able to handle that. Jason and Norah or Ed
would be the ones you should ask about towing and Quads... as they have
had lots of experiance in that area.

Glad to have you back in The Family :)

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine

. . .------------------------------------------------------------------. | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! | | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net | `------------------------------------------------------------------'