Re: 1999 2wd front rotor/hub assembly

From: ttroidl@bluefrog.com
Date: Sat Apr 15 2006 - 22:33:23 EDT

  Andy,

Unless they made some changes that I am unaware of, your '99 is the
same as my '97 2wd, I too had problems getting the rotor off...

it IS two parts, but a very tight fit!

If I recall, I loaded it up with penetrating oil, let it soak in, and
beat the piss outta it with a sledge to get it off!

the new rotors are not as tight a fit.

As for the hub, you can pay $130+ for the assembly OR get the bearing
(I found them at carquest) for like $30 and have anyone with a shop
press press it in your old hub!

I don't have the Timkin # handy, but once you pull it, you can see the #.

Good Luck!

Tony.

Quoting AndyCole1 <AndyCole1@cox.net>:

> I have a 99 2wd with rear ABS. I have taken off the wheels and calipers but
> cannot get the rotors to come off on either side. There are no flat washer
> clips holding them on and I have banged and yanked and pried on them until I
> thought the truck would come off of the jackstands. Is this a "one piece
> unit" or what? I saw a post by Jared Buckley dated Apr 01, 2003 wheel
> bearing install update in which he claimed to have a one piece rotor/hub
> assembly but every other place I've looked assures me that they are two
> separate parts, including the local Dodge dealer. Has anyone else seen this?
> Are they machine pressed togather?
> I have a drivers side front wheel bearing making noise, by the way.
>
> .
> .
> | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! |
> | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

This message was sent using BlueFrog's Webmail System
http://www.bluefrog.com

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |