Re: RE: Your Dakota: Just a truck or a part of your life

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2006 - 16:40:05 EDT

After having many Vehicles, from a '49 willys Jeep up through my current
'99 Dak, I have constantly refined my view of what the "perfect vehicle"
is. Right now, I think my Dak is it. In the next few weeks, as I pay
her off, I intend to do some modifications to improve her, but for the
most part, this truck does everything I need a vehicle to do. Since it
has 114k on it now, I have some work that needs done, but the engine is
stong [blackstone tells me so] and the rest of the truck is sound
[ignore that tailpipe, if you will] and I mostly have it the way I want
it. So I have decided to keep it. Part of the Family? Heck YOU ALL
are part of my family. Some of my best friends are from this group,
Josh, Tom, Mike, Chris, Kevin, Jon, the list goes on. So far I have met
58 DML'ers face to face, and I think I hold the record there [Jon, how
many have you met, face to face?]. So, yeah, I guess my Dak *is* my
family...