Re: RE: Empty oil filter??

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2006 - 10:52:29 EDT

Terrible Tom wrote:

> DR CHALLENGER wrote:
>

>> i wouldn;t use the flush.
>>

> No flush? Why not? The idea behind it is sound. Dump a flush in the
> crankcase (basically a solvant) it dissolves the deposits on the
> internals, change oil and filter a couple times after, and it should do
> just fine? I'm not talking about driving around 3000 miles witha can of
> KW engine flush in it. But people have been using Marvel Mystery Oil
> and Sea Foam in engines for years with no problems. I myself am a
> strong fan of Sea Foam. I use it to fog all my engines, I use it
> instead of StaBil to store fuel, and it can be dumped in the crank case
> to clean deposits.

Personally, I like Diesel/Kerosene to flush engines, but I only trun the
engine with the starter motor, without plugs or a distributor. Then
it's 2 fills with generic oil, the first under the starter motor again,
the second only gets driven around the block. A Fomoto valve makes this
process easier, but don't forget to tighten it occasionally [I need to
safety wire mine..]