Ball Joint Bewilderment

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 21:20:08 EDT

With everything I have done to my cars and trucks - believe it or not...
I've never changed ball joints on anything. I am attempting to change
Christines ball joints, and I know what to do, but seem to lack to tools
to do it with. I picked up a ball joint press for the lowers... but the
uppers are threaded into the control arm.

I measured and the ball joint measures 2 1/18th across. There seem to
be no balljoint tools suited to this task that I can find. And a large
  box wrench in that size would cost me over $150!! Anyone have any
suggestions? There has to be a socket or a spanner wrench out there for
this. I could use a pipe wrench? But thats not my first choice.

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine