Re: Subject: Re: RE: OT-MP3

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 13:21:44 EST

rll wrote:

> The reaction to that was typical of a wintel owners reaction to anything
> Mac.
>
> My apologies to any sheep i offended

heh - no offense taken!

I've been a mac zealot for 12 years - it wasn't until this fall that I
purchased my first WinTel box - actually an WinAMD box... no Intels
Inside here.

I just recently built my own machine, AMD again - an AMD 64X2 3.0Ghz -
OC'ed to a mild 3.15 Ghz - and with the help of a few friends on the
DML, managed to get Ubuntu up and running.

I love my Macs - I've owned 5 over the last 12 years, but my issues are
with Apple as a corporation. Their greed and desire to stay so
proprietary with their software and hardware - lack of upgradability...

Plus the recent shift to Intel processors - has left me stale on them.
Add to that, the fact that the last two Macs I bought have had serious
hardware issues. The last being a G5 iMac which had both the main board
and PSU fail. Apple replaced under extended warranties. Down time on
that box was MONTHS waiting for replacement parts.

I decided to explore the other side hehe

I do all my DML stuff on the Mac however !

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine