Re: BBQ and NE/eastern NY convoy potential

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 14:16:12 EDT

On Tue, July 8, 2008 11:55 pm, Zito, James A \(GE Infra, Energy\) said:

> When is the BBQ? I think I'd like to try and make it this year......

I don't think Jon's had a chance to respond, so I'll jump in. The BBQ is
August 22 and 23. Here's the info:
http://www.dakota-truck.net/profiles/dmlevent/RysI@kK@4yL8@/profile.htm

> Also what is firearms policy? I've got some I could bring out for
> target shooting if desired....

That would be up to Jon, but I would suggest just remember to always follow
all the standard rules, keep in mind that you're a guest on private property,
and don't mix them with alcohol. Just my opinion on the matter. Personally,
I'm always up for target shooting (they frown on it up here, so I don't get to
go very often) but I don't want to turn Jon's event in to a
bring-your-own-arsenal-free-for-all. If he wants to do that, it's up to him.

Also check the transportation policy in all the states you'll be driving
through. It would seriously suck to find yourself in trouble with local law
enforcement and wind up making an unexpected stay in some small town jail
somewhere. In particular, I believe the entire state of New York forbids any
kind of handgun unless you have one of their permits.