Re: Opinions: To Shift into

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sun Nov 15 2009 - 20:40:49 EST

On Sunday 15 November 2009 19:19:23 teseract@moparhowto.com wrote:
> Yes, it has the suregrip with 3.55 gears.

A tip I picked up last winter if you find yourself stuck on the ice where
neither rear wheel wants to grip (so the suregrip won't engage) is to use the
brakes lightly to get the clutches in the rear diff to lock up.

> That's why I'd figure I'd be in
> 4wd a lot as I mostly drive at city speeds and my area isn't known for
> it's excellent plow or deicing service.

City speeds are what, 30mph or lower? 4wd may help there, especially if you're
doing a lot of start-and-stop driving.