518/618 tranny

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun Feb 28 2010 - 12:51:08 EST

Dan K writes:: >> biggest difference:Â it has an all steel
5-pinion overdrive carrier unit. <<

Will the complete unit from a A618 bolt onto A518??
I know the early A500's and the A518's carried the same
p/n for the complete OD assy, therefore were interchangeable.
Also if I were for some reason alreadyinto the A518, could
the OD carrier unit from the A618 be installed??

I knew that the A500 was basically a 904LA with OD as
the A518 was basically a 727 with OD. Different cases
but almost all the internals are the same...

"Government's first duty is to protect the people,
 not run their lives." - Ronald Reagan

Azie