Unplanned Exhaust Modification

Date: Wed Jul 21 2010 - 02:15:56 EDT

Well, my '95 Dakota tonight got tired of waiting for me to put 3"
exhaust on it, and sheared off the tailpipe at the exit of the muffler.
I was wondering why it was getting louder. ;)

Can anyone think of anything bad that will happen with the muffler
pointing at the passenger side rear axle tube for a while? I'm in the
middle of a divorce and looking at moving costs, I can't afford to drop
$370 on an (amazingly overpriced) Gibson exhaust for the thing, and I
don't think there's enough pipe left on the muffler (rust) to weld up
another tailpipe.