Replace head?

From: tony@tasteofthemidway.com
Date: Tue Sep 11 2012 - 21:47:03 EDT

Ok,

I did a compression check only like 50 # comp in
#8...
So valve IS open, problem is, is it still carbon?or the
seat?

I poured marvel Mystery oil down the plug hole
and cranked it, let it sit and fired it up, still no go, just lots of
smoke...

called one guy told me $1000 to pull heads and
do valve job! not an option don't have that kinda $

How
hard is it to pull pass side head?
anyone do a
4.7?

and what would be a good $ to get valves done on
it? or am I better off new head? Advance auto has $399 with cam and all
installed... still alot of $

any ideas?
This
didn't have any valve issues when parked, so how could seat come out just
from sitting?

any other ideas before I dive into
removing head?
I have no garage so doing it in the driveway NOT alot
of fun!
Thanks....
Tony