Any good deals out there?

From: CSiano@banyan.com
Date: Mon Mar 04 1996 - 13:07:10 EST

>I'm a graduating student who's looking for a reasonably priced, used
Dakota
>with good mileage. It looks like most of you are from the states so this
>may not apply as I am in Ontario, Canada. I'd prefer an extended cab,
>4x4, with V8 and hopefully a sliding rear window. If anyone can help
>me out that'd be great.

Good luck, Dakotas are holding their value in the market.

One of my friends was thinking of doing the same after driving my truck.
Was he in for a surprise. After looking at some at a local dealer, we
asked why the prices were so high. Since I had my truck there, he used it
to calculate its value.

He didn't pull any funny business, I read the same numbers out of the book
he did.

I payed roughly $18,000 for mine new, Wholesale value is still at around
$13,000, with a selling price of $15,000 because of above average condition
even though there are 33,000 miles on it. I'd get another $100 for the
Rhino Liner and $300 for the Alpine CD Changer.

Dodge is a hot item. I just hope the theives don't learn that.

On the topic of theft, it has always been a game with one of my friends to
break into a new car or truck. He works as a tow truck driver, and has to
open roughly 10-15 cars a week because of people locking their keys in it.
The Dakota actually made him swear. He did get it open in about a minute
and a half, but set off the alarm before the door was open. I won't e-mail
how he did it, but suffice it to say it was the longest I've ever seen him
take, and he says it was on par with some of the worst european cars.

Christopher Siano | "How do you control this thing?"
CSiano@Banyan.com | "Who Cares, Go FASTER!"