Re: Any good deals out there?

From: TeamGTZ@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 04 1996 - 21:41:41 EST

In a message dated 96-03-04 15:53:22 EST, CSiano@banyan.com writes:

>On the topic of theft, it has always been a game with one of my friends to
>break into a new car or truck. He works as a tow truck driver, and has to
>open roughly 10-15 cars a week because of people locking their keys in it.
>The Dakota actually made him swear. He did get it open in about a minute
>and a half, but set off the alarm before the door was open. I won't e-mail
>how he did it, but suffice it to say it was the longest I've ever seen him
>take, and he says it was on par with some of the worst european cars.

I took my truck into the dealer last winter because I thought the outside
weather strip (squeegee at the base of the window opening) was sticking to
the glass. Turns out, some schumck tried to slim-jim my truck. (The
mechanic showed me the crease in the rubber, and duplicated the mark with his
slim-jim.) The explanation I got (as to why my truck didn't get lifted) was
that Chrysler reoriented the lock mechanism in '94 in such a way that
slim-jimming became more difficult. Regardless, I have since bought a
kill-switch and "The Club" and I plan on getting a heavy duty alarm system
(maybe LoJack....anybody have any experience with it?)

Andy "On second thought...Don't look at my truck!" Pacholski