Re: FW: FW: I dood it ! (96 Dakota)

From: TeamGTZ@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 04 1996 - 21:41:25 EST

In a message dated 96-03-04 15:22:59 EST, NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org (Ned
Vogler) writes:

> I've noticed
>some rust on my chrome rims (I shoulda got the Predators),

:(
A little elbow grease and fine steel wool does the rust-removal trick nicely.
 IMHO, the chrome styled steel wheels currently available for the Dakota
(similarly, the ones for the Ram) are some of the best looking rims available
OE . A definite muscle-car appeal. I honestly couldn't count how many
people have asked me (even at custom car/truck shows) where I purchased my
rims! As soon as people notice the slightly altered appearance of my truck,
their eyes invariably go to the wheels. If you're customizing on a budget
(as I am), the chromies are sharp enough to allow you to get the rest of your
modifications done first, and still have a great looking truck overall. I
think the "Predator" moniker is quite the misnomer for those aluminum rims.
 Maybe "Stealth" would be more appropriate. To me, "Predator" evokes a
seriously aggressive image, i.e. an image exemplified in those chrome wheels.
 I've been a longtime fan of aluminum rims, esp. since I got into performance
*and* street-wise looks, but when I bought my truck and compared the two
styles of rims, there was no discussion necessary! Of course, if looks
aren't an issue....

>maybe I should
>just take 'em off, and put a set of aftermarket ones on....

Of course, that's a different story. Maybe some 17x8 and 17x10 Boyd's
customs.......
:) $$$$

Andy "Hey! Look at my truck!" Pacholski