[Fwd: Newbie]

From: craig winnerman (cwinnerman@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Sep 17 1996 - 10:48:48 EDT

attached mail follows:

Thanks for the great place to gain info on my new purchase of a 1992
Dakota Club Cab 5.2L, automatic, with 67,000 miles. I was driving a
Checy S-10 king cab 4.3L and loved it. I needed the extra room to tote
another car seat for kids. The Dekota also gets better crash test
results than the S-10. Dakota gets the best mark for the driver and the
next to highest for the passenger. Need the safety with kids. I look
forward to advise on 2 problems

1. The oil pressure gauge drops to near the far left on occasion, most
of the time it reads half way. Is this a bad pump, clogged screen, or
possible worn drive gear like in the technical bultin I noticed.

2. These is a very slight clunk felt in the steering wheel when
starting to accelerate. I am not sure if the front brakes are sticking
or it is something in the steering linkage.

Any advise from the experts is welcome!