Re: I want my new truck!

From: Bob Tufts (rbt@kodak.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 1996 - 11:37:52 EST

> From scottv@msn.fullfeed.com Fri Nov 15 11:20:20 1996
>
> [This really bites because I sold my daily driver about a month ago
> because I thought I could drive my Camaro until the truck showed up.
> Then the Camaro's tranny started slipping in high gear. I limped it home and
> parked it in the garage. The high gear clutches are probably toast.
>
> So, I am "vehicularly-impaired" until the Dakota shows up. The
> engine and tranny come out of the Camaro soon so I can get that baby
> running again.]
>
> =Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv
> '68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
> '97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, Magnum V8/5-spd (on order)

I see you got a Powerslide! :-) I had these on 2 GM cars: '66 Corvair 110hp and
'67 Impala 283. An amazing work of art: weeeeeeeeee-uhhhhhhh. I remember playing
with the bands adjustment and adding fluid to fix my woes, but it's been too
many years! :-)

Good luck on both items, hopefully the Dakota 5-sp will arrive soon.
(another thing I like about Dodge: they offer a 5 speed on engines above wimpy
4 cyl. With GM you can have any tranny so long as it's an auto! ;-)

-Bob T.