FW: Front end loose, rattles

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Tue Nov 26 1996 - 17:24:00 EST

Hey there -

I had a similar situation with my old Brand G pickup... I had someone
else turn the rotors and change the pads, and they neglected to use the
"anti-rattle" clips on the brake pads. Subsequently, every time I went
over any kind of bumpy terrain, I'd hear "chatter,chatter, chatter" as
the brake pads bounced around... Also if your rotors are warped, they
can "grab" the pad as the warped section turns, and cause a rattle that
way also.... Good luck!

         Network Administrator | _ _ _ _ _ _
       Rockville General Hospital | |_` |_` _ |_| |_| |_ |_| |_`
       (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org) | ,_| | | | |_ |\ ,_|
  '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab |
  '84 Nighthawk 650 '85 Honda XR-350R | ----------------------------