RE: Bucking, intermittent missing

From: Koth, Russ (rfkoth@meq1.ra.rockwell.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 1997 - 14:49:30 EST

When I push in the clutch it actually runs smoother than with it engaged,
and no speedo problems that I am aware of. It always has idled slightly
rough, even with the new plugs, PCV valve, and air filter I put in
mid-November. Idle speed is 800RPM according to the tach.

The temp gauge always reads very low on the scale, even when towing a
trailer, so code 17 (temp sensor/thermostat) looks like the best place to
start . Viewed from the front, there is a small sensor at about 1:00
o'clock position from the thermostat housing, but there is also another
sensor at about 3:00 o'clock from thermo, just to the left of another hose.
Which is the temp sensor?

Thanks, Russ
93 Sport, V6