Re: Back to the gas question...

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 1997 - 16:36:27 EST

Ned Vogler wrote:

> >a. I believe that the winter-formula gasolines (which increase
> >volatility) are the cause of my pinging. True or false?

> My underinformed opinion on this would be yes. TRUE.

> >b. Has anyone else experienced similar gasoline issues during the
> >winter?

> Similar, yes...Let's see what the summer brings.... for both prices and
> performance...

  Hey Ned, thanks for the feedback. I was wondering whether
or not any other Dakotas had exhibited this kind of behavior, or if
I might have a growing problem on my hands. I suppose that the
stock Magnum engines are on the jagged edge as far as octane
requirements are concerned, and the winter gas is different enough
to make a difference. I won't worry about it too much.

  Ron