Re: Ignition Upgrades

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 1997 - 10:35:29 EST

>The only reason I bought the MSD was to get the retard
>box that would work with the MPSBEC, if not for that they also told me I did
>not need any better ignition for my setup??? I was ready to buy they talked
>me out of it, said put the money into something that would do more good like
>slicks or fuel???
>
>Bill

Bill

I don't know who these guys are but unless you have done something to the
stock ignition, it sucks... My new ignition is much improved over the old.
Cold morning startups are better, idle is better, wide open throttle is
better, and most importantly 1/4 mile times are better. Can't argue with
results.
The stock coil that came on my Dak is the same size as the ones on my Yamaha
150 outboard, but there are six of them on it. Go figure.

Alan..
acasey@io.com