Tranny Problem

From: Ron Gallimore (rgallim@icgroup.net)
Date: Thu Feb 27 1997 - 13:23:15 EST

I took my truck to the dealership last week because it was not shifting
to overdrive. They replaced the overdrive solonoid and also determined
that the speed sensor was bad (no code when I ran it). I now have been
driving it fo 3 days with the same problem, but now it very seldom goes
to overdrive. I have noticed that if I accelerate quickly, it usually
does not go to OD, but if I do it easily, it _usually_ does. Do you
think it could be the transmission going? Any other ideas? BTW, the
truck has 57,300 miles on it.

Thanks
Ron
'92 Dakota Sport, V-6, Auto