open element air cleaner

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@king.cts.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 1997 - 11:24:07 EST

>As for emission testing, does anyone think that a open element air cleaner
>(3"x14") will fail the underhood visual inspection? Has anyone gotten any lip
>from these guys for that?
>Kuk

        yes, I have yet to get my truck smogged (putting it off), but I did
get at 3 different places a no-pass we don't care about the EO-# excemption...
I did get K&N to fax the info the place I will be getting the smog done though,
and I called them to confirm that it would pass that portion of the CA. test...

        ...Sam '95 SLT