U-Haul Sucks, part ii

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Sun Jun 22 1997 - 05:31:05 EDT

All:

I called the local U-Haul boys a few minutes ago. I asked the guy about
pulling my Camaro on an auto transport with my Dakota. He didn't even pause to
look up the numbers, he just said "Can't do it."

I asked him to look up the number so he made me wait a few minutes on the phone
while he helped everyone else in the store. Eventually, he got out the big
books and came up with the following info:

1) My Dakota weighs only 3,750 lbs. Yeah, right. I wish it was that light. I
told him it's closer to 4300.

2) My Camaro weighs 3,150. Now that's pretty close to the numbers I got from
my Camaro books.

3) Their auto transport weighs 3000 lbs. Holy mackeral!! That trailer weighs
as much as my car? That's hard to believe. If that trailer was powered by an
iron big-block, it'd outweigh my Dakota! (Can you see someone driving a
427-powered car trailer down the road? Ha ha ha!)

Since the trailer is around 3000 and the car is 3150. That puts it out of the
range of my truck (5,200).

I want to see that trailer on a scale before I'll belive it weighs 3000 lbs.

Well, looks like the auto transport is outside the range for my truck. I would
have had to order the 3.92 gears to get into this range. And the guy at
Screw-U-Haul never even asked about my gears. Imagine if I had the 3.92 gears
and I was trying to convince him that I could pull 6,200 lbs. He'd die
laughing.

After looking at the Dakota brochure, I've found that the best pullin' truck is
the Regular Cab, V8, 4x2 with 3.92 gears. Hmm... Do I know anyone with a 97
Dak that has a V8, 4x2, 3.92. Hmm.... Sean can I borrow your truck for about
four days? Ha ha ha!!!

I promise to bring it back full of gas (and with another 800 miles on the odo).
;^)

-Scott Vieth
vieths@kci.wayne.edu
=Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv
'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, Magnum V8/5-spd, Gibson cat-back, FIPK-clone