Re: *Real* mufflers

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 21:46:54 EDT

At 05:35 PM 6/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Checked the local muffler shop today. 3" in dual 2.5" out 2 chamber
>flowmaster with 2.5" tailpipes and 3" chrome tips for $240.00. The guy
>said the muffler was $90.00 so I asked what if I buy the muffler
>elsewhere and he said $150.00. So if I get it through Summit for $50.00
>+ $150.00 for pipes and installation thats about $200.00 total. Does
>this sound like a good deal?
>
>What do I need to order from Summit? Center inlet or ofsset and what
>size dimmensions? I didn't see anything like I need listed in the
>catalog, but I guess they have a lot that's not listed? Sean are the
>above part numbers what I need (2chamber 3"in dual 2.5" out)?
>
>Thanks for the help guys. I hope in a few weeks I can go ahead and have
>this done...
>
>--
>Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com

$200 sounds pretty good. Aluminized pipe, right?

The 2 chamber 3" in/dual out is center inlet only so you're set there. The
part number I listed was right out of the Summit Racing catalog I have. It
might be an issue or two behind. Tell 'em what you're lookin' for and 9
times out of 10 they've got it whether its in the catalog or not.

I don't remember seeing size dimensions but I saw the exact muffler when I
was at Ramcharger's today. It's good sized but not huge. It'll fit no prob.
  sean meldrum