Re: V6 Throttle Body

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Thu Jul 10 1997 - 10:19:10 EDT

jaallis@ibm.net wrote:

> I've read all the posts awhile back regarding TB's. I never saw if anyone
> benefited from them. If there was a difference was it worth the cost?
> Also, I read somewhre that the V6 uses a TB with smaller throttle plates
> than the V8's. If true, could I use a V8 TB either modified or not to
> achieve even more airflow and increases than if I used a modified V6 TB?
>
> Has anyone used a glass pack on their trucks? I know they burn out in
> time but have heard that they have a nice throaty sound and I've seen
> stainless ones. My truck doesn't see alot of miles, less than 5000 yr,
> so even if it burned out it would last me awhile.

    Yes, you can bolt on a V8 throttle body, but you will have to remove
the inake and carefully grind the holes to the larger V8 diameter. While
you have the intake off, you can have a machine shop mill the intake
runners in the plenum area down. These two mods will give you
significant gains (25-30hp) and shouldn't cost too much. Get yourself a
copy of the July 97 issue of mopar muscle where these and other mods are
shown in detail. I don't recommend glasspack type mufflers. A large,
turbo syle muffler will perform better and can sound quite throaty as
well. Good luck

Andre Mauboussin
95 Dak 14.70(and dropping)@93.5mph