Re: Jacob's Ignition Sucks!

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Sun Aug 31 1997 - 01:11:35 EDT

> The traction bars will only help wheel hop to keep from damaging
something, I
> doubt that it will add to your results much if any. Also 4:10 gears will
> probably not help much especially with the cost and if you did get it
running
> good with the 4:10's then you may need to leave in OD to keep from
hitting
> rev limiter. What gears do you now have in there ? How many miles on your
> truck ? What oil and additives do you use ? What Gas ? You should be able
> hit the 15's with very little effort, I would think. Maybe you have a
tight
> engine that just needs to break in some more ?
>
> I wouldn't spend any more money until we evaluate your setup and get a
few
> thoughts from some of the experts here to figure this thing out.

thanks!

i have 3.55 gears now and the truck has 5,900 miles on it. i always run 93
octane gas, mainly mobil. i use 10w-40 valvoline dura-blend oil with no
extra additives.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
Shift Kit, "R/T" Bumblebee Stripe.
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car