1/4 mile times!!!

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 00:49:37 EDT

well i went to teh track tonight to see how the truck ran with the Drag
Radials and the slaper bars together.

here's my slips in order.

r/t: .664
60': 2.316
330: 6.781
1/8: 10.443
mph: 66.91
1000: 13.633
1/4: 16.339
mph: 83.16

r/t: .604
60': 2.88
330: 6.724
1/8: 10.379
mph: 66.93
1000: 13.562
1/4: 16.256
mph: 83.86

r/t: .693
60': 2.284 (MY BEST 60 FOOT TIME EVER!!!)
330: 6.734
1/8: 10.383
mph: 66.91
1000: 13.564
1/4: 16.260
mph: 83.49

(i was extactic about that 60 foot time. best ever before tonight was a
2.308, so i guess the slapper bars and drag radials liked each other)

r/t: 653
60': 2.287
330: 6.635
1/8: 10.222
mph: 67.99
1000: 13.355
1/4: 16.011
mph: 84.72

I was so happy because this was the fastest i ever drove this truck in teh
1/4 mile (previous best was 16.032@83.85 mph) but what happened is the few
people before me carried water from the wetbox to the line so i ended up
doing a john force burnout past the starting line and never got a grip in
the DR's cause of the water. so when the light hit i spun for about 15-20
feet and i guess that let the engine rev up a bit more to get going and i
ran a good time!.

but overall i beleive my 60' times have benefitted from using the slapper
bars with the drag radials. so they were well worth the $27.99 from jeg's.

i can feel 15's on the horizon

BTW, i used ice on the intake between each run (about 1 HR between each
run)

so i was so happy to see my best time has been beat.im going back friday!

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
Shift Kit, "R/T" Bumblebee Stripe.
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car