Toyota V8; was Re: Re: 1998 Dakota R/T

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 17:26:42 EDT

----------
> From: Bruce Aaron Hefner <gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: Re: 1998 Dakota R/T
> Date: Wednesday, October 08, 1997 9:48 AM
>

> > Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I was thinking that, if Toyota
> > comes out with a V8 in the T-100 this year, I might consider one to
pull my
> > fifth-wheel trailer. Now, I'm not so sure . . .
> >
> > Dick (& Geri) Campagna, Mt Laurel, NJ campagna@nothinbut.net
> > (Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni. Grazie!)
> >
> Dick,
> Even without the other problems people have had with T-100's,
> consider this Toyota has never made a V8 before so without a doubt it is
> going to have defects in it, not to mention a t-100 doesn't really have
> enough weight to handle a 5th wheel, if you want to pull a fifth wheel
you
> should really consider a Ram, they have the power and the weight you need
> for a fifth wheel. Just my opinion
>
> Bruce

Bruce - There are 5th wheels . . . and then there are 5th wheels. By that,
I mean that they run in length from 16' to over 40'. And the one I have
weighs approximately 3,800 pounds empty, with a 4,800 pound GVWR (weight
when fully loaded). This 4,800 pound weight is WELL within the Dakota's
6,400 pound trailer-pulling capacity. To see the brand of trailer I have
(Shadow Cruiser), check www.shadowcruiser.com. I guarantee that you've
never seen any 5th wheel trailers as aerodynamic as these. And mine is
only 7' wide, rather than the more common 8' width. I've spoken to quite a
few guys who've pulled 5th wheel trailers with Dakotas that weren't as
well-equipped as mine will be, and they were very pleased with the Dak's
performance. By the way . . . Toyota has made a V8. It's called the
Lexus. Not a bad one, eh???