98 Dakota's

From: Terry Hebert (hebert1@windsor.igs.net)
Date: Sun Oct 12 1997 - 22:32:28 EDT

I just got back from my local dealership to check out their stock of
Dakota's. I heard a rumor that I wasn't the only one in town with the
rear bumper delete on the new model. I can't say that I've seen another
yet and amongst the 30-40 Dak's on the lot, I did not see a one with the
rear bumper delete. Sure seems the production is up to full capacity on
the 98's. When I was looking for mine, they only had 3-5 Dak's on the
lot. Now they have a fleet of them. The intense blue is the hottest
colour in my opinion. I have the emerald green but I must admit I
really like that blue and then maybe the black. I saw only one stick
Dak(Reg Cab) optioned like mine with the V8, 5spd, SG 3.91. Now I know I
will have some competition. On the way home I received a challenge from
a late model Firechicken at the stoplight derby and almost took him up
on it. I restrained due to my female passenger and respect for traffic
bylaws. I will perhaps flex the Dak's muscles another time and another
place.

Terry
98 Sport Reg Cab
V8, 5SPD