RE: 98 Dakota's

From: Mike Muise (C-Muise@mail.dec.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 14:37:10 EDT

Terry Hebert [SMTP:hebert1@windsor.igs.net] wrote:

> I just got back from my local dealership to check
> out their stock of Dakota's.

It's times like this I hate living in Canada. My dealer has
*not*one* '98 model (Dakota or otherwise) on his lot -- just
a bunch of '97 leftovers and demos. I ordered my '98 back in
August (5spd 4x4 V8 CC Sport+, added skid plate & LSD), and
can't wait to actually get to drive it.

> 30-40 Dak's on the lot, [...]
> I saw only one stick Dak(Reg Cab) optioned like mine

Sigh. I ordered a 98 because there wasn't a single 5spd V8 4x4
to be had anywhere in Canada(!) -- why, exactly, can't Dodge
produce a few more sticks?

> The intense blue is the hottest colour in my opinion.
> I have the emerald green but I must admit I really
> like that blue and then maybe the black.

I had to pick the color from a color chart, and I passed on blue
(took emerald green instead) only because I think blue looks nice
when new, but fades too quickly. I confirmed this info by looking
for a "nice" several-years-old blue truck on the roads -- it can't
be done! =)

cheers,
mike