Re: RE: Fuel

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 12:03:20 EDT

At 10:15 AM 10/22/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Hey rob, you're absolutely right about the half metric vehicles, I
>remember my brother had to buy a complete metric socket kit because 2 or 3
>bolts on his old truck were metric and he couldn't get anything to work on
>them. You're rigth about the fuel also, but at 10 cents a gallon
>difference on a college students budget, I usually get the 87 octane.
>
>Bruce

I understand your reasoning, but it may be false economy... as my outboard
mechanic says 'you can spend a little bit more at the pump now, or have a
big bill at his shop later' - take your choice :) ... with outboards the
big problem is coking, using cheap grades of 2 cycle oil will also promote
this problem.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.