quirks

From: cprat21146@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 19:54:53 EST

<
 Well its time for another question, who has hit that magical mileage
 mark on their truck that turns on the Maint Reqd light on the dash? I
 only get a 55 code reading so I don't think anything is wrong, I have
 96383 miles now and puff on comes this bright red light. Any help
 Thanks

                                            Dan

I seen where several folks have been annoyed by the maint.required lite. While
gropping under the dash of my 88 dak i found a small plastic enclosed circuit board,
can not remember how many wires 2 or 3, but inside this on the circuit board was a small puhbutton. I pushed this button out curiosity nothing happened that was obvious, but later noticed my maintainance required was out. my .02$ worth.
   Another item that caught my attention was the loud thump from underneath. Those
that mentioned this problem seemed to be 4x4 owners , well my 97 cc 4x2 does this
when turning right into my driveway. just wondering if i got a different sort of problem?
At 11:14 PM 11/7/97 -0600, you wrote:
>All,
<snip>
>>4) This is one that bugs me. When turning sharply and hitting a bump,
>such as turning into a drive way, I sometimes get a thump from almost
>directly under my feet if turning left, and under the passenger side if
>turning right. I'm thinking maybe the torsion bar adjuster seat. How
>about the rest of you 4X4 types?
<snip>
>Anyway, I'll anxiously await your responses.
>John,
>'98 Dak, CC, Sport, 4X4, 5.2L, Auto(!), 3.92, LSD, Nerf Bars, Billet
>Grill, and power everything!
charley 97 cc 4x2 318 5speed
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)