Re: Soap

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Sat Nov 29 1997 - 11:48:46 EST

At 08:41 AM 11/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>> but, whatever the original owner used to clean the body faded
>>>the paint a little ...
>
>Ya know, not to scare anyone but....
>
>When I bought my 92 Brilliant Blue metallic 4x4 Dak, it had a "dull" area on
>the roof...
>
>I blew it off, thinking that it was a thinned clearcoat area or somesuch.....
>
>Well, a few years later, it started peeling BAD in that area.....The roof
>was repainted free of charge by the dealer...
>
>Now, I seem to have two other areas that have a similar "lack of luster"
>that I couldve sworn were perfect before....
>
>I am watching closely to see any developments occur....
>
>ANyone else have a similar experience??

My 89 Plymouth Sundance is metallic blue ... same problem with the roof
...gray patches, peeling clearcoat.
I paid to repaint the roof, local dealer said it was too old. One day I'll
have to do the whole car, clearcoast is peeling all over the remainder and
the trunk lid is starting to go.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.