Re: 3.90 vs 3.55 mpg and drivability

From: Steve (Slow@primenet.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 1997 - 14:17:14 EST

On Fri, 05 Dec 1997 17:13:26 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm not planning on pulling stumps or drag racing, and only occaisional
>towing (a few times a year). I'm down to the decision of buying a 98 Dak
>locally with a 3.90, or ordering with the 3.55 and other hard to find
>goodies. Will I regret having a 3.90 from a drivability and milage
>standpoint?

        I like mine. If I keep my foot out of it and stay around 55MPH
I have gotten 21-22MPG on the highway. First gear is almost useless,
unless I stop I rarely use it. Now out in the sticks, rocks or what
have you, low range first gear is a blast! (44 to 1 reduction ratio).=20

        I will say this, if you do a lot of city driving, the
stick/3.92's will drive you up the wall. I live in the sticks, so I
don't mind....

        Steve

        =20
97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....