erratic idle speed

From: am14@chrysler.com
Date: Tue Dec 16 1997 - 16:40:06 EST

The computer has a mechanism that senses movement (distance sensor),
and a throttle position sensor, that tells it where the throttle is.
It is confused when coasting with the clutch in or the transmission in
neutral. Can't handle it correctly. Will always be erratic until
wheels stop turning(at least nearly dead stop, if not dead stop).

The idle on my new Dak (160 miles) seems to surge (oscillates between
600 & 800 rpm) when I'm coasting with the clutch disengaged. As soon as
I come to a full stop, the idle stabilizes to steady 600rpm. The idle is
always rock solid when I'm stopped.<<

Azie