Intermediate Shaft Update (Good News!)

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Tue Dec 23 1997 - 17:07:39 EST

All,
I went and spent some time with the service writer at my dealership,
Maxwell Dodge, Taylor Tx. I told him about what was going on with my
truck and described what I was feeling through the steering wheel. I
also told him that I had heard there was a "New Style" intermediate
shaft that fixed the problem. He checked out the part number Warren
Juenemann was kind enough to send to me the other day and came back with
some interesting information. There is a TSB #19-12-97 out that
prescribes replacing the intermediate shaft on 97 and up 4X4 Dakota's.
He said the part number Mr. Juenemann gave me was not the one listed in
the TSB, but, Mr. Juenemann's # was the one listed in the factory parts
listing. Maybe the one in the TSB is the one I've been looking for. The
parts guy did not have either one in stock to look at or compare. So,
I'm going in Monday for them to check it out as well as put the truck on
the alignment rack as I'm showing cupping on the outer edge of the
drivers side front tire, only 2300 miles. I'll update y'all Monday
evening.
BTW, this may not apply in Canada. :>)
John
98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, Blah, Blah, Blah, all the goodies, lots of toys,
you've heard it all before. I Love my truck, it just takes too long to
list all the stuff.

--
remove anti spam ^'s from reply to address to reply