Changing Serpentine Belt

From: Michael D Gemelke (Michael.D.Gemelke@wdc.com)
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 11:03:38 EST

I feel like an idiot, and I probably am, but I'm going to ask this
question anyway.

I tried to change the serpentine drive belt on my '95 V6 this past
weekend, and couldn't figure out which bolt to turn to get the old belt
off. My Hanes manual says to loosen THE bolt on the idler pulley, rotate
the pulley out of the way and remove the belt. It's got a big arrow that
points to some pulley, but it's unclear which one. The pulley that it
looks like they're pointing to has many bolts, so I'm confused. I would
think that you would loosen the tensioner, but that's not what they seem
to be saying. Can someone guide me through this procedure?

Thanks for the help, folks.
-Mike