New engine

From: am14@chrysler.com
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 09:36:43 EST

Jon Writes >>On a related note... A friend of mine mentioned that the
new engine for the Jeep Grand Cherokee is now 4.7 liters as opposed to
the current 5.2 liter. Apparently, it makes the same horsepower as the
5.2, but this is a bit frightening to me. I hope Dodge doesn't do the
same with their trucks! (If you're gonna improve the engine so that it
makes a lot more HP per cubic inch, then don't decrease the engine
displacement to keep the HP the same! Keep the displacement the same,
and just let the HP end up where it may...) Arrhh arrh arrhh!!!! =)<<

This is supposed to be the introduction of the "NEW" engine family. I
thought it was slated for a '99 introduction, but apparently not. This
will be the engine for all CC vehicles that fall under the "JEEP TRUCK
ENGINEERING" facet. This includes all trucks - Vans - SU's., which in
reality includes all rear wheel drive vehicles. It will be
phased in gradually across all vehicle lines noted above. The 318
becomes a 4.7L and the 360 becomes a 5.4L. Kinda heartbreaking isn't
it!!!!!! FOMOCO and GM have already gone the "Modular" concept I am
told, so CC now follows.

OH well!!!!!!!

Azie
.